Didn't It Rain?

 

Where rock got its soul.



Sister Rosetta Thorpe (Filmed 1964) Didn't It Rain, Children


A legend and a pioneer in American rock who sadly often gets overlooked.


Nina Simone (Filmed 1968) Ain't Got Nothin'

I play this when I'm feeling melancholy and just want to be let alone.




Big Mama Thornton (Filmed 1965) Hound Dog

This is the original, before Elvis co-opted it.




---------

I didn't the job I wanted. I'm applying to others now. Ugh, so overwhelmed. 😓

12 comments:

  1. Divas, one and all!

    Sorry about the job. You will get something... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up! A better job will come along.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about two new open positions I found last night. They'll be challenging but rewarding. One is in disaster management and the other is related to building green infrastructure. Both align with my passions, but require long hours and lots of driving because they're both county positions and our counties are huge! King County is 2,307sq miles (5,975sq km)! If you hit commuter traffic at the wrong time it can take an hour just to get eight miles (13km).

      Delete
  3. Can i tell you how much I love and adore all these women, but I especially have always loved sister Rosetta Thorpe. I can listen to her sing all day and play the guitar.

    And hang in there with the job hunting. Everything happens for a reason, so something out there is waiting for you that will be the perfect fit for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you do, Mistress Maddie! I have a terrible habit of underselling myself and it's hard to stop. I hate having to tell about myself, I just want to get in there and show them what I can do. I'm an "actions speak louder than words" kind of person.

      Delete
    2. I am very sorry.

      [unrelated, sorry again]
      Your interest in shapeshifters etc. may still be there - so maybe this is interesting for you :
      https://www.strangehistory.net/2023/04/01/zombies-and-shapechangers-in-medieval-yorkshire/

      Delete
    3. Hey Mago, I will always be interested in folklores and shapeshifters! Thank you! I wrote the first draft of the second story but that's it so far.

      Delete
    4. Three excellent musicians and three great songs. I love to watch Sister Rosetta backing some group, tearing it up, knocking it down and rocking it out in her calm, ladylike way. Re: your job search, best of all possible luck getting work in such great fields! Time to dust off those 'combat driving' techniques! (I learned to drive in Sno-King County and...dang.)

      Delete
    5. Aw, Thank you FirstNations! There are three jobs I really want, one in particular at the UW closes tomorrow. Now I wait. I at least got confirmation that my application was accepted and that I met the minimum requirements, they also had to submit additional information that was quick and easy for me to provide. Now I wait with bated breath.

      Delete
  4. Just in case, I mean, when things really go bonk, a little self help book may be handy : Here.
    No, don't thank me ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's dark, Mago! Hahaha. I don't have enough enzymes in my digestion to break down meat properly. Stupid genetics! It is the main reason I'm a pescatarian, but also because I really like and care about animals too.

      Delete