Feeling extra today...

I suppose every regional area has their own flavor of weird. So here's a mashup to help you understand, Pacific Northwest Weird. Maybe FirstNations can add if I missed something. 


1. Weird Al Yankovic - Lynnwood,WA




I was extra White and Nerdy today. Weird Al Yankovic grew up in Lynnwood which is north of me, but not as far north as Paul/Steve/FirstNations. Love his 80s/early 90s parody songs

The question Shanter or Picard? There is no dispute. Picard is the only correct answer! Pish.

IDV, you have to be with me on this or I might love you a little less. I'm sorry, I'm not impartial. 

-Oh yeah, there's also this, but we really REALLY do not need to discuss *this*. Ugh, sigh. Dammit! You get a song with your name in it and it's a total stalker song from a guy no one takes seriously. https://youtu.be/AeOR14izgkc

-----

2. Bear McCreary - Bellingham, WA

You know who also spent a lot of time growing up around here? Bear McCreary, he spent his formative years in Bellingham. I'm obsessed with his music. If I could only listen to two musicians for the rest of my life it would Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica, Outlander) and Ramin Djawadi (Westworld, Game of Thrones), both talented composers who have worked on diverse and amazing soundtracks for awesome shows.






3. Twin Peaks - North Bend & Rosyln, WA 
 Quintessential PNW humor can be found in the cult classic show, Twin Peaks.




4 Sir Mix-a-Lot - Tacoma, WA

He's most famous for the son "Baby Got Back" (I like big butts and I cannot lie...) but my favorite Sir Mix-a-lot song is Buttermilk Biscuits. Don't worry yourselves about the "Sir" as colonial bastards we knight ourselves. Hahaha


Now methinks I'll have to have biscuits and jam for breakfast tomorrow!

Other lesser know honorable mentions:

Emily Rose from Renton (down South of me) played Audrey Parker in the tv show "Haven" (based on Stephen King's novel The Colorado Kid) She also voice acts in one of my favorite video games called Uncharted.

Jon Curry from Seattle,WA

Hold on! I know this post is media heavy, but if you only watch one, you must appreciate my man Jon Curry from Seattle, who voices the sexiest bisexual? pansexual? Whatever Elf you will ever meet!!! My dearest Zevran. Here's a compilation of some of his best lines. He's always down for a good orgy.






9 comments:

  1. Never mind those non-entities - CAROL CHANNING was born in Seattle! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that, but she's a bit out of my generational scope of view. I suspect most of you are older than me and/or have more of an appreciation for older shows and movies than I do. I love this quote of hers that I found on imdb:

      "My mother said to me, "You're revolting. And on top of that, you're not very feminine." Well, that led me to the stage, which is an accepting and comfortable place. So in a way, I have my mother to thank."

      Delete
    2. My favourite quote of hers is: "Johnny Depp has said he wants to play me in a movie. Wouldn't that be great? People say, "But he is a man," but it doesn't surprise me at all. I can’t remember the last time one of my impersonators didn't have a 5 o'clock shadow."

      Jx

      Delete
  2. Ooh that's interesting. Wasn't Twin Peaks set in Washington state and do they have a similar humour? Actually I have no idea where Washington is but speak as an act of faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must have missed it. It's up there as #3. I provided a funny Twin Peaks clip there in blue hypertext link "Wounds and scars"

      Delete
  3. I wish I'd gotten into Twin Peaks when it was shown in the early 90's - I loved the theme tune to that, and I enjoyed watching your clip.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you will be able to catch it on some streaming service. We watched it long after it had originally aired. I think it might have been on Netflix. You may yet get the opportunity if you think to look for it.

      Delete
  4. Of course it's Picard! (Phew!) I can't abide Captain Kirk (and don't like Shatner, either).

    "Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speed can kill" Ha hah haaa! I can see why you like Zavran!
    (His voice reminds me of someone else, but I just can't put my finger on him at the moment)

    ReplyDelete