.
Dogs of War - Blues Saraceno on Dark Country 3
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Hunt or Be Hunted
An interlude with Mago who's been helping me with a story.
Don't get caught up in their youth and beauty, Mago, the music is the metaphor. It's been decades since I've intentionally exposed my bellybutton in public.
Timeless Burnout in Budapest - Estas Tonne & Reka Fodor
Back into the fray. Keeping time with the drums.
One of my favorite songs (Soundtracks, really) to listen too while plotting and planning strategies for anything.
It's true I come from a family once noble, strategists and killers' centuries in the making. We've always influenced the reckoning. While discussing this maternal lineage with my son he asked, "What is our family really good at though?" Without hesitation I said, "Killing." He didn't like that answer, nor do I blame him. It would have also been true to say "boatbuilding" and "saddlemaking." We're master craftsmen whatever we do. I want to write stories and influence people to make good decisions that extend beyond themselves. I hope I can be a master craftsman at this.
My family has taken enough debts in blood. While I'm anxious and apprehensive about the future, I ultimately chose my roles carefully with a level head.
Isn't there enough death and trauma in the world?
No one person is responsible for it all. We can't blame Trump or the conservative justices for all of the angst and friction in the U.S. right now. That would be giving them too much credit. They've picked at the scab of a pus-filled wound. These machinations were put into motion long ago and we all know it. On some level, we all know it to be true.
Like the timelessness of these melodies, old expressions are worn by new faces.
Be well my friends.
I've been lacking any sort of ambition lately - your words about wanting to be a master crafter of stories has reminded me that I can still aim for my dreams. Ack, ignore me.
ReplyDeleteSx
I mentioned awhile back that I have a metal bookmark that helps keep me motivated. The quote is from T.S. Eliot, " It's never too late to be what you might have been."
DeleteToni Morrison has many great quotes too. This one in particular really speaks to my spirit because I gave my true name away a long time ago to remain here. "“Make up a story... For our sake and yours forget your name in the street; tell us what the world has been to you in the dark places and in the light. Don't tell us what to believe, what to fear. Show us belief's wide skirt and the stitch that unravels fear's caul.” ― Toni Morrison, The Nobel Lecture In Literature, 1993
I love Hunt or be Hunted! Do you know Omnia's music? This is your opportunity to say you loathe it. 🤣
ReplyDeleteDiscomfort about the past and an awareness of the nature of friction are essential to any kind of future, don't you think? As you know personally I think we're fucked but it's a pity because the youngsters are so much better!
I knew you would love that one! The whole soundtrack for The Witcher 3 video game is great! I wish I could get it on CD (because I'm old-fashioned and I still buy cds) Alas, it only available via MP3 or via Youtube, of course) There is no law that says you have to play the game to appreciate the music! I think IDV is the only one of our shared cohorts that also plays video games now and then. This one, was one of my top 3 favorites.
DeleteI have listened/watched Omnia on Youtube a few times. I'm not sure what to think of them, so I politely decline to make any opinion at all.
It's true, we might be fucked, but the Universe will have to choke on my bones or spit me out again, and again and again. Don't pity them, show them your ways, the ones you are willing to share.