Xenomorph Appreciation Post

 My son has been obsessed with the Xenomorph alien since he was around 4 years old. I have no idea how he first learned of it, but it probably involved a book. We have lots of books, when the "big one" (the 1,000-year earthquake) hits us, we'll probably be crushed to death under tomes of highly diverse subjects. Not a bad way to die really. I'll probably be done in by a gardening book, the spouse by a computer programming book and the son by an art book.


MOM FINDS THE BEST STUFF!

Age-appropriate for Xenomorph-loving little kids:



I found the two items separately. The tagline of the book says: "In space no one can hear you clean"

The original movie tagline is "In space no one can here you scream"




------------------------



For Christmas when he was 10, I bought this art book:











Go ahead, try to tell me that working in the props and special effects department wouldn't be fun!



----------------------------



FINALLY! Back in April of this year at the age of 12 we watched the first Alien movie together as a family. Something my son had been patiently waiting to do for a long time. 

At the end of the movie we all came to the same conclusion:





(Not my meme, but I appreciate whoever made it!)






10 comments:

  1. "Something has attached itself to him. We have to get him to the infirmary right away.
    "What kind of thing? I need a clear definition.
    "An organism. Open the hatch!"


    Mothering...

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! The smart woman and her cat - I like it!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People should listen to the smart women more often, they're lucky it isn't always a matter of life and death. Hahaha.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I got my niece the 'Alien Next Door' book a couple of years or so back - delightful! I don't think she'd view the real thing as delightful, though...

      Has your son seen the Alien films? I'm guessing as he's now over 10 and knows its all make believe thanks to the art book, you may have let him watch one or two?

      Delete
    3. That was supposed to be a new comment rather than a reply to Ms Scarlet's - I'm all muddled!

      Delete
    4. No problem, yes, he can watch all of them now. We've watched at least two others since. Last night we watched Red Dawn (original 1984). There are pictures that someone in the Ukraine has been spray painting "Wolverines" on damaged Russian tanks and vehicles. :)

      Delete
    5. To this very day the alien - how can I say it in English ? - frightens the bejesus out of me. The only similar thing was "Wolven", but I was pretty stoned when I watched it back then.

      Delete
  3. I swear I commented here some days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did! For some reason your two comments on this post went in the "Awaiting Moderation" bucket. Blogger gives me no warning! I just have to check periodically. Arg! Thank you for these comments though! You know I appreciate them!!!!!!

      Delete