Anger is a valid emotion.

I navigate the daily fallout from the overturning of Roe v. Wade through the constant bombardment of news stories I can't ignore. It's obvious just how little the Conversative Christian Anti-abortionists understand about the human body, especially the female body.

The Sorrow - 

Most women don't discover they're pregnant until six weeks at the earliest! There are many reasons why a woman may not be able to successfully carry a baby to term. Sadly, ectopic pregnancies are common. This when the embryo attaches outside of the uterus. I had an ectopic pregnancy. A planned pregnancy and a baby that I very much wanted, but the embryo had attached itself inside my fallopian tube. Not only does this make for an unviable pregnancy, but an incredibly painful and danger position to find myself in. It was heartbreaking. After the miscarriage I drove around crying a lot while out doing errands so I could be alone and so my 18-month-old son, wouldn't get distressed seeing mommy cry so much.

Since speaking to other women about my miscarriage, I've discovered how common miscarriages are and how often abortion medications are needed to bring closure to an unviable pregnancy. There are many reasons why a pregnancy might not get to full term.




The Rage - 

Sometimes we get pressured and bullied by spouses and family members to get pregnant regardless of the risk factors. Some of us live in unsafe environments subjected to rape, domestic abuse, and an environment full of other violence and hazards. Some of us can barely take care of ourselves let alone a tiny human completely dependent on us for their survival. Even ~financially well-off~ women don't always have the social safety needed to be a good parent.

We have to make difficult choices all the time. Striping us of our autonomy only breeds hate and resentment.


If I could, I would rip out my uterus and ovaries and throw them at the feet of the Supreme Court Justices! I don't want or need these parts anymore. You can have them!


So I rage...




I also stand in solidarity with the transgender community. Clearly autonomy is important to me and I respect the autonomy of others. Who am I to tell them what they should think or feel about their own bodies?

Transgendered Lawmaker Silenced in Montana

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/montana-transgender-lawmaker-silenced-again/vi-AA1ai9xq?ocid=msedgntp


Lives are not being saved by these laws on our bodies, they are being destroyed by a power-hungry oppressive minority.

This final bit is for First Nations, after watching. Human Chair, aka Ningen Isu it was recommended to me to watch a video by Bloodywood. I didn't know I needed to watch an Indian Folk Metal band raging about respecting women but I did. I've been to India, I've caught a glimpse of both the horror and the beauty there.



12 comments:

  1. I'm not even a woman and this makes me sad and angers me as well. This topic and many others should not be in politics. Medical issues, and including abortion, should be a private matter between a woman and her doctor and no one else's. And it angers me further we have a party who think they can tell a lady what she will do with her body, and the other party isn't doing enough. On abortion or other issues. These conservatives and anyone else need to stay in their lane, and stop worrying about what others are doing. And they seem to be just getting worst...everything and anything seems to have or holds an issue with these idiots.

    Until their in these shoes, they should keep their mouths shut. I wish they could all read this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mistress! The politicians should be focusing on things like economics, infrastructure and the well-being of all their citizens not stripping the rights of a few.

      Delete
  2. This was an almighty step backwards for the US. I can't understand why this happened - or - I can't get my head around how powerful the rightwing influence is over there. All I can do is make sure it doesn't happen in my own country. Women will die because of this. Your rage is justified.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly they were playing the long game. It's obvious now they've been quietly stacking the courts with justices aligned with their ideology for the last several years (a lot were appointed during Trumps reign.) Now they want to revive a 150-year-old law (the Comstock Law) to "Make America Great Again" because they want to go way back; when people of color were slaves, women and children were property and all the queer folk get brushed back under the rugs known as "hide your gays." If I pretend you don't exist I don't have to honor your rights.

      Delete
  3. I'm gathering as we speak, sweetie, "every obscene, lewd, or lascivious, and every filthy book, pamphlet, picture, paper, letter, writing, print, or other publication of an indecent character" I have under my bed to send to the US "Supreme" Court, Collect on Delivery. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to start a riot, but I'd just look like a woman who's lost her mind. An additional kick to the head was a recent case they deliberated on where a stalker argued it was his first amendment rights of free speech to endlessly harass a woman who had nothing to do with him. She was an aspiring musician. Not only did the Supreme court rule in his favor, they made jokes at her expense! They'd also recently voted to up the budget on their own security and make stalking and harassment of them a crime. I was a victim of stalking. I had to fake my death and move to a new city to escape him because the police wouldn't do anything. I might need to come hide under your bed if the 2024 election goes deep red!

      Delete
    2. I HAVE SO MANY REPLIES!! First of all, massive thanks for finding this band! They rage! I wish I'd had this backing me in the battle when I left my first abusive relationship - tequila wasn't enough, sometimes.
      THE SORROW
      I've had two miscarriages, three abortions and two live births - I'm one of those who got pregnant by kissing (actually I was really slutty and it was AWESOME for the most part.) I've been through all the reactions and a good number of so-called 'professional' medical appointments that were all about casting aspersions - shaming sessions, really - about my circumstances more than they were about my health. For that matter, so has my daughter. I won't enlarge on what that's akin to, I'll just...whistle and point.

      THE RAGE
      Everything in my upbringing and in my environment assured me that Babies Fix Everything. They fix YOU. You suddenly realize your true purpose and are fulfilled, and I don't know what...ascend? Become able to make hollandaise faultlessly? Something? And that shit is not true. You are deprived of your adulthood, being taught in so many subtle ways that Your Purpose Is To Breed Successfully. And oh, I was approved of. For eighteen months of my life, the world approved of me AKA Baby Tupperware With Legs. If it hadn't been for the liberal 1960's - 1970's in Soviet Oregon I would never have grown up. I owe my live to the hard-as-nails men and womyn who ran the free clinics and terrorized the conservative religious leaders there.
      To think that I saw more social freedom than my granddaughter will. It's a sin and a shame.

      Delete
    3. Al of this! Hear, hear! I know I am not alone, but we get caught up in all the practical shit of everyday living that it is more often easier to just glare and go about our way. My spouse is trying to reassure me that this is the last gasp of a dying hard right conservative Christian movement, but I'm not convinced and what of all the damage being done now, the women who are suffering now? I won't ignore their pain. I do have hope in what I see of my son's generation, the Gen-Zs. These laws against body autonomy are as much of an attack on them as anyone.

      Delete
  4. Amen to all of this.
    One of the few regrets in my life is only being a psych nurse not a general nurse so I couldn't work in an abortion clinic.
    Anger is not only valid but appropriate because so-called 'pro-life' is always always built on lies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is defiantly built on lies and ignorance too. The upper crust religious right know exactly what they are doing.

      Delete
  5. All of a sudden the female body belongs to some white men. But it is not "suddenly", it is so patriarchic nonsense as it can be - and all of a sudden there is no more difference between so-called "christian" "conservatives" and other "fundamentalists". It is all disgusting, and, frankly, I lost hope. The "land of the free", where half of the populace is not allowed to make free decisions about their own body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I lose hope, my vengeance rises. I don't know how to give up, I only know how to fight.

      Delete