Proxy's Weekend Funny Pages

Pacific Northwest humor doesn't always land right in the rest of the United States. It has been known to downright vex the South. I doubt they rarely find us funny at all!

It rains a lot here. So, we sit inside drinking coffee, speaking coffee, and sharpening our wit to a fine pointed spear.

This is IDV's fault! All it took was for me to see the Twin Peaks sign.
















A book of Nonsense Verse that I got my son at a used bookstore when he was four. We still love this book! It was printed in 1973.































10 comments:

  1. Some of these are downright funny!!!!!!! The moth one!

    I have missed many post here. For some reason it hasn't updated in my blog reader since March sometime! And I get your two blogs confused together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been consistent about posting here nor there, so that doesn't help! I also don't know how to get notifications of blogs I follow on Blogger so I have to manually visit and then check back if my comment has been responded too. I only get notifications for comments left for me here. There's a lot of things I still need to figure out on Blogger honestly.

      Delete
    2. Tick ‘Notify Me’ at the bottom right of the comment box and you should be emailed replies to your comments on any Blogspot Blog. It stopped working for a while, but it seems to work now. I hope it works for you because it’s extremely helpful.
      Sx

      Delete
  2. Love that book of nonsense verse, Melanie! - the extract you featured could have been written with Ms Scarlet in mind... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's why I picked that page! Maybe next weekend I'll share more favorite pages and a couple of pages from another old book I like that has an art style I adore, but I don't know what it's called. I bet one of you might know!

      Delete
  3. I love the book of nonsense verse, too!! The rhyme about the rain - I'm sure that it was a skipping verse that was chanted when using a skipping rope? It rang a bell! And so true of Devon!!
    I love the German anarchy as well!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! See my comment to Jon. I'll make a post next weekend to share more. The book was published as new in the U.S. but definitely has "Britishness" to it. Is that even a word? Some of the rhymes only rhyme if you say the word like a Brit. LOL

      Delete
  4. Oof! That's a lot of coffee. Sorry!

    You've got it all covered here, it seems: Jon, Ms Scarlet, Mago, Ms Piggy - I would have watched LOTR if Ms Piggy starred in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are the coffee capital of North America after all! Yes, I was think of all of you when pulling these together. I guess I should have had a Star Trek one for you, eh? Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete