Gosh, where have I been? We had a few really strong windstorms and while the house is fine, there's been a lot of clean-up to do. We also went for our annual visit to Florida and promptly got a second cold after the trip. I am also working on my short stories again when not working in the yard. I do so love being outside in the yard! 💗
I'm tired, but fine.
=================
=================



HOO HEE HOO HA-HA FIRST. You went to Florida? And you want to get away with just posting a bunch of (admittedly funny) memes? Ohhh no. No no no. I wanna hear about FLORIDA, LADY.
ReplyDeleteNow that my MIL lives in an apartment we had to stay in a hotel. I thought I was getting a decent mid-rate room in a 3-star joint, but it was more like mmmm 2 stars. There was black mold, lots of quick patch jobs and shit was just broken, so I asked for another room, no black mold, but shit was still broken in that room too, inclding a leaking toilet, for $256 a night!?!?! Tell me I'm not being unrealistic in wanting a decent room without black mold or broken shit for that price, am I?
DeleteGardening whilst the world falls apart is an incredibly sane reaction to the madness.
ReplyDeleteBut yes, let's hear about Florida, and the short stories!
Sx
Honestly, I don't know what else to do but dedicate myself to lots of outdoor time right now. I want to fight and resist all that is happening in my country right now, but I have to be patient and pick my battles.
DeleteAll very good, but like Steve and Ms Scarlet - I come here for the gossip! 🤣 Jx
ReplyDeleteElon Musk is a pussy! How's that for gossip? I would say as much to his face if I could. ;)
DeleteA very jolly collection that made me smile.
ReplyDeleteBut I know very little about Florida and agree with the rest of the gang; it would be nice to some photos from your annual trip.
Thank you, yes. I go to Florida every year to visit my Mother-in-law, but I'll refrain from any actual family gossip on the internet. I hardly took any pictures this year, mostly because my MIL had a lovely yard where I took lots of plant pictures and now they are all gone and she is in an apartment. You've given me an idea, my next post should be a revisit to the Florida yard I once loved and can never return too, a bit bittersweet. This is my salty side blog, but you might like my proper blog where I'm much more diplomatic in my love of nature and I've got a few Florida pics there - https://nature-led.org Thank you for your visit!
DeleteFlorida is all mold and alligators, since they did not find the fountain of youth there. Poor Ponce.
ReplyDeleteIt may be old news, but I read that this Mount Adams is grumbling and growling, even shaking a bit. Isn't that in Your neighbourhood ? Or FN's ?
Let'S throw the trolls in the fargo shredder, turning to gardening is the best one can do now. I wish I had a garden !
No fountain of youth, but there is good food and nice people to be found in Florida.
DeleteFunny, I haven't heard of any grumbling from Mt Adams. It looked fine when I flew just north of it. It could be a problem for me and FN if it were to blow like Mt St Helens did May 18th, 1980. We would not have to worry about lahars (mud flows) or lava, but it would be the ash that would cause problems for us again. The ash gets clogged in the engines and the area comes to a near standstill. You have to wear mask or cloth over your nose and mouth for days and it's not good for the crops, they need to be rinsed to continue photosynthesis. I was five when Mt St. Helens erupted; they are my earliest vivid memories. I don't remember being any younger.
The article I read was based on news from October last year, when the American geophysical whatsoever registered small earthquakes, much more than usual - now they have installed additional surveillance technology, while the mountain still grumbles along. All in all nothing to be nervous of, I just thought you may have read about this, and / or it would be newsworthy for you.
Delete