Madam Steve Requests a Post FFS

 Dear Madam, 

Perhaps you should operate as a Madame for an extra source of income? Once the Mayor and Sheriff become clients one needs nothing more to be a successful pleasure merchant. The Idahoans are always looking to get their rocks off. You're close enough to pop over to Oregon for...discretionary health supplies, as needed.

Right, well, in the meantime please enjoy two of my favorite popular resistance song that seductively slide under the radar of the people they were insulting.


I've been playing this a lot lately.



and



Malva was the original songwriter, the song became more popularized when Pete Seeger recorded it, because of course it did. (No relation, would've be cool though even if only by marriage.)


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tunes! I am familiar with the Pete Seeger version. You're probably related to Malva somehow!
    Are the Idahoans similar to people from Essex? They're a frisky bunch as well.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so very welcome Ms Scarlet! Haha, we're related in spirit at least! Of course, I don't know what kind of reputation people from Essex have, but maybe you've heard of the "Florida man?"

    Idahoans aren't as infamous, but they're still a crazy bunch! They rival Texas when it comes to loving guns and freedom. They consider building codes "suggestions." People often go to Idaho to disappear into the woods, some disappear too well especially if they go to "Frank Church River of No Return" at 2.3 million acres (Over 8 hectares? I'm not good at high # conversion.) It's a land mass so that Search & Rescue will not go deep in to look for you, and you'll be declared dead if they have reason to believe you went passed the "point of no return." They're also crazy drivers. They will "off road" wherever they please. I dated a guy from there. We'd go back to visit the family property and since the driveway to get to it was between two far away exits on the freeway, they just made their own path between the grass median to get to it. There were times of year you couldn't do it because of the depth of mud. Ta-ta for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great music, sweetpea! Ticky Tacky Boxes was the anthem for all my Bay Area cousins because they lived in Daly City and absolutely hated how the hills looked! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete Seegers version on YouTube comes with a good music video that gives the impression of it happening in California and I've seen other antidotal evidence. I can see how frustrating that must have been for you and your cousins at a younger age. I'm from Spokane, WA and that kinda horror show didn't start happening until after I moved to Seattle. It's happening now where I live and it makes me very sad.

      Delete
  4. I quite like the music, but what are ticky tacky boxes? Or rather, what is the ticky tacky that the boxes are made of?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LIsten. You need a boot in the ass, I'll give you a boot in the ass.
    Regarding my new career as procuress: I'll make sure and reserve Cabin #1 for you, kimosabe. I hear you're an EARNER!
    PFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as cabin #1 is in the back corner with a balcony! You bet your sweet ass I'm a high earner! People take one look at me and beg me to be their dominatrix. Not my kink, but I can't say agreeable arrangements haven't been made in the past.

      Delete
  6. ...I mean I don't actually know that. It's just what I've read. In places.
    (We love you and worry about you when you say you've been nearby a natural disaster.) Speaking of which, you have any tales from the flood frontlines??
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shit girl, I might have to join you in Idaho! The panhandle does call my spirit back sometimes. Two of my top three favorite fishing and camping sites are there. I'm sure that incident with the CDA Mining Company is no longer remembered by anyone who works there now.

      As for the flooding, everyone who wasn't directly impacted seems to have already forgotten it. Pretty common, unfortunately. You know how it is. How many people in North Carolina are still trying to put their lives back together after Hurricane Helene? I want to give credit to the counties affected and waste management though. They've had free drop off sites at the transfer stations and other select locations to take flood debris every weekend since the flooding receded and some of the junk haulers have offered discounts for those directly impacted. There's also a decent state emergency fund, so people didn't have to wait for FEMA help to be signed off on. Certain big local corporations have provided donations to help appease their conscience that they're not evil (and also get tax write-offs and publicity.)

      Delete