I like to go to Trader Joe's on the early side of a weekday morning to avoid other people. On one such trip many of my favorite songs were playing one after the other.
I was really intrigued as to who created the playlist. It was very tempting to go to the customer service desk to seek this person out, but I'm not single and have no wish for drama.
Still, I'm impressed that some random stranger made me horny at 10am whilst never meeting. Touché, to my musical familiar.
💜
Art by Misa-kitty on DeviantArt

Horny at Trader Joe's at 10AM!!!! You do live on the wild side.
ReplyDeleteHaving worked in many public establishments, I surmise to say, that the music in most places is piped in from a continuous playing music streaming service these days. Back when I worked at Pier I Imports, my first job, we had Muzak, who would send continuous loop tapes with four hours of playing, with an offering of 10 volumes. But they only played on Muzak's equipment.
Yes, I'm used to Muzak too and it usually sucks! I worked in a craft store in the 1990's and maybe they were just cheap or Muzak wasn't very sophisticated back then, but it played Madonna's "Love don't live here anymore" every hour on the hour! I went from indifference to the song to resentment on the verge of hate! I could usually tune out the other songs, but that, ugh!
DeleteSomeone put that hot playlist that caught my attention at Trader Joe's, whether they were a trader Joe's or Muzak employee I guess it doesn't really matter. However, I've gone back at the same time several times since and it's never been the same playlist as that time.
My dentist always plays good tunes and I find myself toe tapping and wondering if I should break out into dance, and then I consider that they might have CCTV, so limit myself to toe tapping. Anyhow, it's a nice distraction.
ReplyDeleteSx
They probably wouldn't do a very job cleaning your teeth if you couldn't hold still. Hahaha. One of the weirdest experiences was sitting in the Dentist office with AC/DC playing. It made me feel old, honestly, as I had grown up going to dentists of the golden oldies' era and now the dentists were getting closer to my own age.
DeleteWould you like me to contact Joe psychically and ask him for a friend?
ReplyDeleteIs there an actual Joe behind Trader Joe's grocery stores? I know it started in California. My favorite ex-boyfriend would talk about this grocery store he really missed and I thought it was silly. His mom finally sent a care package full of snacks from there. I thought they were good, but I still thought it was a strange quirk that he was so enthralled by a grocery store.
DeleteLOL I didn't know it was some big store and assumed you meant a small shop run by Joe and you just didn't want to ask him!
DeleteIt used to amuse my dad in Sainsburys to wind up the staff by asking them how John [Sainsbury] was 🫣
It's so odd when that happens, isn't it? I've been known to feel like dancing in the aisles on occasions - the long-departed-from-the-UK clothing shop C&A always used to have decent tunes playing in the background. Strangely however, these days it is incredibly rare to hear any music in shops. None of our supermarkets nor clothes stores round here have any musak (or similar) playing. Jx
ReplyDeleteThat is weird that they don't play music anymore. Marketing and advertisers have done studies on what music, smells and colors do to influence the consumers in an effort to get them to buy more. They related high energy music to higher buying frenzies. Maybe that why this struck me so noticeably.
DeleteThis wasn't high energy, it was low-key, sexy music you put on when two people are hanging out getting to know each other better, 'cause you're into each other, then the stares get more intense, the silences get longer, until you both decide "Fuck it" and go for it. That's why it was such a turn on. I guess you could say I have a history of pleasure with these songs. Maybe Trader Joe's just wanted me to buy more wine. Hahaha!