Starting the New Year with Mischief

 As you might have noticed I temporarily stole the box from Schrodinger's cat. All so I could jump eight hours into the future and arrive before midnight in England.


Why? Because I threat/promised IDV I would mess with his sideboard just one more time before we said goodbye to 2022.


This also gave me the opportunity to play with a new Christmas gift. Eat your heart out Ms Scarlet! (Although you probably already have one.😄)









I've had this little fox stamp for a while now, but I lost it and then found it again.

"Reynold's Fox"




I hope the start of the new year is treating you well. We started off with whole house electrical problems that left us in the cold for a few days, but at least we had blankets and a respectable attitude about it. I am comforted most by witnessing my child's resilience to unexpected change. If he acquires no other trait of mine, this one will at least serve him well.


Remember that when you find yourself in dark places to live for the now, not in the past.

💜 I am my own light. 💜

Bioluminescent
bio- lumen- escent
(life- light- process or state or being)



Take care, my friends!

12 comments:

  1. Schrodinger's Cat possibly appeared in two quantum-decoherent worlds, according to the supposed "inventors of the multiverse" (although Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby in 1962 might have had something to say on that matter!) - so does that mean you were simultaneously stamping fox impressions all over Mr DeVice's blog in Norfolk while at the same time sheltering under blankets with no electricity in the Pacific Northwest?

    Wow!

    Either that, or the cider's starting to kick in. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it was a race against time, Jon! The lights were flickering sternly in warning that this kind of skullduggery would not be tolerated. Fortunately, I made it back in time before all hell broke loose! Even the doggo, who's getting on in age, got her own pile of blankets.

      Delete
    2. It's probably just as well you had Doctor Strange on speed-dial, then... Jx

      Delete
  2. I do indeed have those particular letter stamps - but mine are in a tin, and not a lovely vintage box!
    We must keep Mr Devine on his toes this year - it will distract everyone from the fact that I am slumped on my sofa doing nothing.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your invasion! Lounge on the sofa all you want, but the universe must balance and therefore you are obligated to take a few snaps of your garden for the Annual Garden Party and/or Terrifying Triffidry.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Melanie! ✨🎆🌈🎉🎇🎆✨🎉🎆

    I love the fox stamp as I love and adore foxes!!!!!! I wish you a happy New Year Melanie!!!!!! I am grossly behind in blogging, just trying to get things tidied and cleaned up from the holidays and things put away, the decorations came down and it was back to work. I love the stamp kit, I have never seen one before.

    And we must talk about this sideboard trick. How does one do that to Mr DeVice??? Not that I would mind you.

    * Bwahahahahahahahahaha haaaaaaaa haaa ha*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I think you have the wrong type of "equipment" for the Sideboard Trick, Maddie. Although, I'm sure you can find some other way to invade with something shockingly large...

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Mistress Maddie! And to you, of course! I saw the stamp set near the checkout stand at Barnes & Noble for around $15 and put it on my Christmas list. The one I received came from Florida and is only slightly different.

      The "equipment" for the sideboard invasion is a Wordpress account. There's a little box for adding a "Featured photo". For some reason Blogger gets terribly carried away with the idea. The first time I did it was complete accident on my part, but since IDV is such a nice willing victim about it. It adds a bit of fun.

      I have a rather paltry excuse for a small left-handed sideboard here, so it would be interesting to see when Scarlet and Dinah do it, if I'll get it here too. If I don't, won't that be ever the more curiouser and curiouser?

      Delete
  4. Oh, you made it yourself!! That makes your invasion of my Sideboard even more special!

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I made it especially for you because you're such a good sport about it! :)

      Delete
  5. Happy belated new year!
    Feeling slightly relieved that my sideboard is at the bottom and any invasions are my own fault.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's no fun! Happy New Year's to you as well!

      Delete