The Young One

 There's been a lot going on around here and for the first time in 23 years I'll be sleeping alone for an unknowable amount of time. My other half needs to take care of family in another state. I will hold the fort. Make sure the dog gets her walks...keep a regular schedule for the whippersnapper who is now a proper young teen coming into his own sense of self. 


The era of my heydays began in the late 1980s and into the early 1990s. (Ahem, I might be turning 50 this year.)


The song playing in my head after dropping Mister Prox off at the airport:






As a teen, I went wherever I wanted, often by bus, all over town with my yellow Walkman usually listening to either Joan Jett & the Blackhearts or Pat Benatar.






The Lost Boys movie came out in 1987 and was Rated R. I snuck into the movie theater TWICE to watch it because who didn't I have a crush on in that movie? So many cuties! "The Coreys", Jason Patric, Kiefer Sutherland, Jami Gertz.

And Diane Wiest really was the perfect mother in that! I love her for her normal but strong mom vibes!







My sexual awakening was thanks to the Goblin King.





I hope you are all well. Take care!


12 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club almost!!!!! I turned the big 5-0 a year ago...Ill soom be 51! Gulp.

    And alone time can be a good and positive thing. Make the heart and feelings even stronger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright! We're closer in age than I thought! I do think this time away will be good for us. It's just a lot of extra work on my part suddenly being a single parent and our dog has a lot of health issues Ie medications) but otherwise no worries.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Dianne Wiest was the perfect movie mum! I loved her in The Lost Boys, but even more so in Parenthood and Edward Scissorhands.

    I used to love getting the bed to myself when SP was infrequently away for the night - all that room to stretch out! Don't get used to it - Mr Prox will be home before you know it.

    P.S. I'm only a year behind you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dianne Wiest the perfect movie mother! I will enjoy the bed to myself for sure! He likes to wrap himself up like a burriot when he sleeps with little covers left for me. I've even thought we need to try the "European way" where the bed has two coverlets, one for each person so he can't still mine. Of course in 'Murica we just make things bigger to compensate, but I haven't done that either.

      I had no idea we were so close in age! In chinese astrology I am a "Wood tiger" although I'm right on the border of being water as my element and I must say I feel more in tune with water than wood unless we are talking about the merits of a willow tree. Then that I can confess to being very much akin too. I am always close to the water and regularly visited by the dead.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it's good to have a bit of peace and quiet...

    Umm - you had sex with a Goblin King?! Jx

    PS Did you know that I Love Rock 'n' Roll was originally a hit over here in the UK for glam-boyband The Arrows? They were so pretty, they even got their own weekly TV show...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there's really know such thing as "quiet" when you have a kid in the house, even a teenager, but he's a good kid. I will enjoy having the bed to myself without a blanket thief!

    No sex with any goblin king. It was while watching Labyrinth though that one cannot avoid the bulge of David Bowie tight pants and begin to wonder what pleasures such a package could bring. I was 14 when I began to be more curious about the exploration of mutually attracted bodies.

    I DIDN'T KNOW about the The Arrows and will look for them on YouTube. I learn so much from Jon, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a young slip of a thing, I did something unspeakable with a chupa chups whilst watching Jonny Depp in A Nightmare on Elm Street! I realised later it was Freddy Krueger I was attracted too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I had to look up "chupa chups" were. I suppose it all has to start somewhere. You'll have to look up "male Drow" to see what I tend to crush on. They're basically dark elves. Nobleness and righteousness just seem so overrated to me. I like a bit of darkness. You have to be willing to embrace your own duality. No one is purely good or evil, light or dark.

      Delete
  6. I looked up male drow and am honestly surprised!
    The trouble with sleeping alone is it reminds us what it is about our other half that stops us sleeping well. 🥴

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of person (real or imagined) attracts you, Hound? I don't really have a "type" per se except that I'm more often attracted to tall, thin or average build people. Big muscley or stocky guys don't really interest me. I dated a tall thin Korean guy who had hair down to his ass for a while. I wouldn't say I was promiscuous, but the world was my oyster once and I learned a lot about other cultures in bed. Mister Prox is a tall skinny white guy whose turning into a silver fox and that suits me just fine. My mom was so relieved that I even got married in the first place, but especially because I took on a last name that she could spell and pronounce. LOL

    ReplyDelete