Cows and Politics

 

First, the cows...




This morning's coffee and news started with an article from The Guardian about the horrors of cow attacks in the UK. I'm shocked! What kind of heifers are you breeding over there? Having ran all about, under and over the neighbor's cows for years they never seemed inclined to do anything more than stand there. 

The matter is quite serious though, and I'm fully empathetic to the people and dogs who had been injured or lost their lives due to cow attacks. But then, then they had to go and throw in a Mike Tyson quote at the end? "Mike Tyson quip: 'Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.'"

I didn't know I was capable of laughing before 8am.


Mike Tyson, 2019

The hell and horror of cow attacks: ‘I told my husband to leave me to die’ | Animals | The Guardian



The politics...


Yes, we watched most of the debate. In summary of Donald Trump's crazy train highlights: Immigrants voting illegally and eating people's pet (possibly at the same time but neither claim has yet to be substantiated), "post-birth" abortions, and accusing Harris of wanting to do transgender operations on illegal aliens in prisons.

Yep, so there's that. And don't think for a second that any of the MAGA-ites woke up with the smelling salts because there are still way too many brain-dead people in this country that will blithely go on voting for him anyways because, "Meh, how bad can it be?"







Then his pal Elon Musk, after learning Taylor Swift and a legion of Swifties are endorsing Kamala Harris tweeted: "...give you a child and guard your cats with my life."





Ew, ew, ew. Someone please wash my brain out with turpentine!



At least I have some space banjo to console me....

(At least IDV should appreciate the cover art.)



(Direct link if needed: Haunting Space Banjo | Ambient Space Western Chillwave (youtube.com))


Have a good day, week, month, or whatever.


10 comments:

  1. The world's gone mad! Maybe we should send our psychopathic cows to Trump or Musk HQ? Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do! I'd like to see either of them deal with a heifer that won't tolerate their bullshit!

      Delete
  2. Space Banjo.
    Yes, the end is near.

    In Bavaria roughly ten people are killed by cows in accidents a year. The victims are farmers, vets, in short : people who should know better. I do not know how many tourists get trampled. In many cases the tourist is to blame - it is no good idea to come with a barking dog to mother cows. Or to play a "game" called "Kuh erschrecken". The result is clear, trampled dog, mushed tourist. I do not blame the cows.

    As for the little fuehrer & his minions : I do not get it. No decent person can even think about voting for this scum, but evidently a lot of people are ready to do exactly that. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does Germany have free to roam like the UK where people can walk old paths even if they cut through a farmer's field? The US is very big on property rights and "No Trespassing". If you got attacked by a farmer's cow and lived, you would have to pay all your medical expenses and a fine for trespassing if you didn't get permission from the property owner to be there.

      By the way, My son is taking German as his foreign language (2 years of foreign language is required to complete high school.) His teacher is German, but I don't know from where. Only that that man's sister is a Doctor in Munich. My son likes his teacher a lot and it's currently one of his favorite classes.

      I think the people voting for Trump are in different states of apathy or illusion. They believe that while other people might die in an apocalypse they won't or they believe in what's called Accelerationism (society is in a cycle and you have to have a major incident of death/destruction so that renewal and prosperity can come back, like burning a field for new growth.) Then there is the larger majority that believe Trump can bring back some version of the nostalgia they hold of their childhood or a glossy version of what they believe the '40s and '50s represented, which is to ignore a lot of terrible things that were also going on during that era, but they just want to sweep those unpleasant things under the rug. And finally, the people that just want to watch the world burn in hopes that they might "feel" something in an overstimulated world.

      Delete
  3. There are footpaths & trails, clearly marked as such, that can lead over a pasture. Hikers are told to leash their dogs, stay on the walks, and close the doors / gates if installed. Usually that works fine. The last time I was walking through such a field I was followed by the herd of young cows. They were curious, and friendly. But when you happen to step into the bull's holy ground things may become ugly. But usually the farmers avoid such situations, and keep their bull (if they even have one) on a secluded field.
    Another thing is when your path ends at a "Durchgang verboten" sign. You can ignore it, at your own risk, or look for the detour. but if you follow a marked trail it is very unlikely that this happens.

    Learning German in school - does he find it complicated ? I am very curious, sorry - but what texts do they use ? Do they read literature, poems ? I hope he does not get frustrated over time.

    I find your assessment of the Trump devotees very interesting. Number one can be seen as a variation of that religious belief of the chosen few, who will be saved while the rest perishes in a new flood or disaster of choice. I think the majority is formed by people you describe under number 2. They believe that voting for the felon will bring back the oh-so-golden-days of their youth, of a romanticised white, and possibly rural, America, "where you did not lock the doors". And where negroes and wives knew their place, preferably next to the doghouse. Them good ol' days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And there is this, just in :

    https://www.exeterpress.co.uk/products/the-exeter-companion-to-fairies-nereids-trolls-and-other-social-supernatural-beings

    Expensive, but a library near you should be able to get it via long-distance-lending or how it is called in English ("Fernleihe" in German). Maybe other titles are interesting for You too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! You know me so well! What an exciting book! Thank you for letting me know about it! It is expensive, but Mister Proxima likes European Folklore too, though he's more about Norse Mythology whereas I'm more interested in Anglo Saxon folklore, still a book that can intrigue us both might be worth the high price. I also have a big birthday coming up in December, so there's that. A good reference book is worth its weight in gold.

      As for learning German, he just finished his first full week of school and has been very sleepy as he adjusts to the new and longer schedule. I will ask him during dinner if he has his book yet and maybe get a picture of it for you to send by email. Some books are only available online now through a special school portal.

      The walking in Germany sound nice!

      Delete
  5. Travel well, return safe. please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am TERRIFIED of cows and was brought up to be frightened of them by my mother who knew a thing or two about farm animals. Perhaps British cows just want to dominate the world and pillage everywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *DO* appreciate the cover art :) And the little music I've heard so far reminds me of Firefly/Serenity - I feel a rewatch coming on!

    ReplyDelete