'Twas a bust!

 Well, that was a bust!

Hired to be stabled like a horse?

Who hires train conductors when they have no train route or Engineers? Companies pandering to investors that their reach is great that it actually is my best guess.

Weeks of getting up at 6am with anxiety of will I be called for duty? Is today a good day? Do I even want to be called for duty today? Would I suddenly have to rearrange a bunch of appointments?

I couldn't take it anymore. I work with tangibles! I'm a rouge, not a magician! I need to be able to plot my course with precision to avoid pitfalls and traps.

So, I demurred and politely took my leave of the organization.

I can't nourish an oak tree on a drop of water here and there.

It's back to sitting on the wall, reaffirming my interest in employment, and seeing if anyone choses me to join their adventures,

While I wait, I'm playing Balder's Gate 3 and shagging every potential love interest. Monogamous in real life, wanton heathen in rpgs.




Of course there is a whole lot more going on. Life is a continuous stream of chaos, and I am just a Conductor.

Love the protester signs I've seen from the UK! Consider me uplifted! 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I would make an excellent Conductor in any capacity, if only someone would pay me for the role!

      Delete
  2. I think Mago has had similar experiences with rotas, sorry to read that the job didn't work out for you. Chin up, something will come your way.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't remember if Mago had trouble with routes, I would think they would be more organized in Germany.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear the Job Adventures have gotten so tricky. Same problems plaguing some Family and Friends here too. It's enuf for me to maintain being Ringmaster of my own personal shitshow, so I couldn't imagine not being Retired from a Career that paid me. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did the right thing. If it's not working for you then don't get stressed our down, just walk away. You deserve better.

    ReplyDelete