Keep moving forward

 



Dirt, paint, blood, ink stain my fingers

keep moving forward

don't drown





Does putting it on a frame make it art?







I revived a baby oak tree...



I write my dark little stories...



I spared a tiny rowan tree from dog piss...



I ponder ways to subvert fascism.





I attempt to make peace with the cancer eating my uncle's nose...withering him in pain...spreading through his bones.












6 comments:

  1. There's a lot of that cancer about. I have a friend and it's eating her face from under her eye.
    Sorry to read that you're still having a rough time, but you have saved trees, and you are still fighting.
    As for the frame - no it does not, though it suggests that it wants to be considered as art.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel as though I should post something more positively, but this page is more of a personal nature for me and those of you that show up here are friends, so I'm not going to pretend I'm not struggling right now. I'm sorry about your friend! Caner truly sucks! I'm glad I live in a "Right to Die" state. I think the UK is considering a similar law. I was planning to follow-up on that. It shouldn't be a crime for terminally ill patients to want to be let go from pain on their own terms, but with love and compassion.

      Delete
  2. Balance. Keeping the bad and the good balanced can be a hell of a job sometimes, but we must keep at it. Hugs to you.

    Your revived oak tree reminds me that I must move a v.small sapling up at my allotment. I should have done it in the autumn and now it's getting swamped by loganberries and foxgloves! And probably also needs watering to revive it as we've had so little rain.

    P.S. I'm happy to see that big, pink flowered raspberry-type shrub again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, people always appreciate that I'm even keeled but I'm just really good at hiding the chaos inside. A Tardis of chaos if you will. LOL What a visual. I can't imagine anyone would dare to step in. Fortunately, nature itself is big enough to embrace it all, but even nature needs an advocate to parley with humans sometimes.

      I hope you get some rain soon! I love it when we get a gentle rain at night to water the plants and then I can still get out during the day to work outside. It is ideal.

      Yes, the native Salmonberry. On this morning's walk I decided to stop trying to write a "big brain" post for my other site and just post a nice montage of current nature pics. I haven't seen a bear yet this year.

      Delete
  3. You have my heart, sweetpea, and my willing ears/eyes to listen/read what you need to share.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you so much, Savannah! Sorry to be so late in responding to your comment that I'm grateful for!

      Delete