Happy Pride Month you big beautiful beasties

 

The Last Unicorn Fanart By Chervelle Fryer Found on Pinterest



Look what arrived today!


I'm deep in sewing mode right now, hats, bohemian/cosplay style belts, tabbards.Tabbards, not a very sexy word but I just need the pattern to make something sexy and I don't know what else to call them. Think, long vests. Vestments? No, no, no. They kicked me out of a Catholic school when I was five. What do I know of vestements or sacrements or whatnot. (True story!)


So now I'm going to go back to sewing, but not before leaving you with some of the best earworms of the 1990s:

Yeah, baby!







Ta-ta for now!

17 comments:

  1. Tunics? Though 'Tunic' isn't a sexy word either!
    Right Said Fred - Too sexy for their tabards.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Too sexy for their tabards and tunics and any old English word for long sleeveless vests.

      Delete
  2. Smock? Smock isn't particularly sexy either. Smock. Smock. Smock. Actually, I just like to say smock.

    Yes please to Deee-Lite. Particularly DJ Dmitry. De-gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, smock is also a good word to describe them that is also not sexy. I shall have to call them something in a different language then because English has failed me. Maybe the French have something I can borrow.

      Delete
    2. Ooh, French! Yes! I was watching a documentary about moss the other day, and one of the scientists talking about it was French so moss suddenly became sexy as well as fascinating!

      Delete
  3. Three great earworms, indeed!

    I'm not a great seamstress, but there are times when I really could have done with one of those mannequins while adding appliqué to a Pride outfit... Jx

    PS None of my Pride outfits have ever involved a tabard. I tend to associate that sort of thing with the likes of the Mamas and the Papas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't claim to be any great seamstress myself and have often avoided making clothes but for some reason this is my new obsession although I've always wanted a dressmakers mannequin like this but assumed they would be unreasonably expensive, but this one was not. It's on Amazon for around $60 US dollars and I think it makes a nice decorative piece for hanging your favorite scarves, necklaces, belts etc.

      I will do my best to make my vision item and let you all judge whether it is sexy or not. Perhaps you love it so much you'll want one made for Pride next year.

      Delete
    2. A beloved (now defunct, unfortunately) shop in Soho was called "Oh My God" - it was literally wall-to-wall diamanté, hence the name, because that was the reaction everyone had when they walked in there - and had a mannequin like yours, studded from neck to hip with brooches. I hanker for the day when I have the room to replicate that vision with the myriad sparklies in our collection! Jx

      PS "Our Gang" convenes a "committee" every autumn to vote upon the "Pride theme" for the following summer. Give the fact we have been doing this for years, this year's theme was meant to be an attempt to recycle items from previous Prides - but, inevitably, bargain-hunting, vintage and charity-shop trawling and "tarting-up" things that have been worn before will mean we'll all be in something "new" for the occasion 😎.

      Delete
    3. I love the idea of next year's theme, including the opportunity to "tart things up!" I myself need very little encouragement to have an excuse to stop in a craft store or book shop.

      Delete
  4. OO I found just the pattern for you. (Watch the link not work. ) UPDATE: Watch the link be total wallpaper gibberish, as seen below.

    https://www.beautifulhalo.com/medieval-popular-black-sleeveless-pu-strap-buckle-swallowtail-blazer-vest-longline-waistcoat-p-394523.html?curSize=M&showColor=Black&currency1=USD&track=PA_G_SUS321&gclid=CjwKCAjwp6CkBhB_EiwAlQVyxel8LY73QjmlHFWPfyES7mzmmoQOdh4D7co7KsNEeT0MKLZMmpkqhBoCznYQAvD_BwE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, Yes! I love it! You've got my number all right! Perfection is if a sexy elvish-looking man was wearing it! (The Tolkien kind, not the Keebler kind of elf. LOL)

      Delete
    2. Well, shit. I clicked the link and now I want one!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha, IDV. If you get one I hope you'll model it! I think if a gay man likes it my taste in fashion must not be too bad.

      Delete
  5. You gave us three of my favorite songs!!! How did this post never pop up in my reader?!?!? I'm a huge Deelite fan. HUGE . I even met Lady Kier several times in New York City back in the era of the "big club" era while on the dance floors of the Roxy, Limelight and the Palladium. And heard her DJ in Baltimore once, she was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did this post never pop up in my reader????

    You gave given us three of my favorites dance songs! Especially Deelite! I'm a huge fan of theirs. Huge!!! I have met Lady Kier several times while in NYC while in the "big club" era on the dance floors at the Roxy, Limelight, and the Palladium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then Blogger had to further add insult by putting these two comments in the spam folder. So rude! That sounds like a fun time! I've always been a bit, alternative. We used to host Raves in abandoned buildings and barns around town. I once outpaced the po-po through a muddy field loaded with our crew and all the sound equipment in a VW bus. It was both hilarious and epic.

      Delete
  7. Late to the party as ever but I think it should be shift.
    I'm too sexy for my shift?
    Overtones of Elizabethan courtly flirting!

    ReplyDelete