Grieving

 Not much to say. I went to say goodbye, drove five hours to get there on Wednesday and five hours back to get home yesterday. This afternoon she passed away. I'll be driving back on Monday. These two songs will be on frequent repeat.



Fleetwood Mac - Landslide

and



CCR - Long As I Can See The Light

8 comments:

  1. You have my condolences. Grief is never an easy thing...but closure is always good to have to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happened so fast, from diagnosis to death was five months. I was there in the end, yet there's still a sense of unrealness to it all.

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you, Melanie, take care.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care. Nothing I could say, all would sound banal or silly. Return safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not true, everyone know the Germans have a word for everything. This may be made-up word, but I like it anyway: Plauschplage (Prattle plague) The pressure to make bantering small talk with people your forced to interact with. I had to do a lot of this. It was exhausting.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Are you your own dear friend? I doubt I'll know true peace until my own death, but I do appreciate the love nonetheless.

      Delete