If I ever get to London, it'll probably go a lot like this:
This second part is mostly a lure for IDV (and any other Trekkie fans among the group) to come visit me in the Pacific Northwest. We could do a road trip to Portland, OR which is about three hours away.:
A Star Trek Themed Tea Room!
Ta-ta for now!
Hahahaha!! As an ex-London commuter I can say with authority that it is exactly like that. On the train we only made eye contact in a shy, furtive way if something was going very wrong - like another passenger up the aisle causing a disturbance, or a bomb scare. It usually consisted of a shared eye roll and a weak smile, and then it was back to the book or staring out of the window.
ReplyDeleteSx
I understand. I'm from a very friendly mid-sized city and when I moved to Seattle it was a complete culture shock. Everytime I tried to engage a Seattleite in conversation they would look at me like I had three horns on my head! I ended up making friends with other transplants, mostly from California. I like to think I'm well-balanced now. Not overly chatty, but helpful and polite when needed.
DeleteI would LOVE to go! Too bad they don't have Plomik soup. I'm team Spock.
ReplyDeleteIt took a moment to realize you meant going to the tea room. Don't you want to go to the UK ? If we went together we'd probably cause a real ruckus and end up in jail due to a series of unfortunate events that may have been our undoing, but wasn't our fault, honestly!
DeleteLET'S DO THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delete